The last leg of 2013!
Can you believe it’s almost November!? Lately I’ve gotten accustomed to the fact that time just seems to go by way too quickly and the past few weeks have been no different – I can’t believe I have an almost one-year-old! Being October, the wedding season has started along with Christmas parties many more celebratory events and with an 11-month old in tow this has proven to be just a tad bit more tiring than usual (sorry for my lack of blog posts last week – I’ll make up for it this week!). If you’ve been following me on Instagram (@jacqfruit) you will have seen what my past few weekends have been like. Thank you to all of you for your comments and messages on my Twitter, Instagram and Facebook posts lately and as always if you have any suggestions on any topics you’d like to see in my blog posts please feel free to leave a comment or email me! Also, keep scrolling down to see details on how to enter my first Christmas giveaway! 🙂
– I originally set out to make October the month where I don’t buy anything new…umm, epic fail! I bought a few new things for my little man (shopping haul here) and also for myself as sadly my mat leave is ending soon and I thought I should buy a few new things for my first week back at work.
– visited a few eateries for the first time and also ate at some old favourites! (a local favourite, see here , a variety of new places I’d never been before ranging from Indian cuisine to American style chicken and burgers!
– we took Baby D to his first ever Melbourne Show and I had such a great time I wrote a massive post on it – photo heavy! See here.
– we had lots of nice and quiet family time and walked to the lake every time the sun was out so Baby D could feed the ducks! #itsthesimplethings
– Baby D spent some quality time with both sets of grandparents 🙂
– I attended the 6th annual AHC Dance competition this year not as a competitor but as a volunteer and it was so amazing to see life backstage and all the talented dancers live their passions on the stage at the prestigious Crown Casino venue, The Palms (blog post coming soon)
– I spent some time with Baby leisurely strolling through Melbourne city and South Melbourne visiting little boutiques and eateries
– celebrated lots of birthdays and had a few mothers group get togethers 🙂
– attended a few bloggers events, see here and here
– And finally yesterday, after a week of rehearsals, we took part in a proposal flash mob gig complete with dancing, beautiful log-stemmed roses, a percussionist ensemble, a curious Bourke street mall crowd, a film crew and a very much in love and most organised groom-to-be I’ve ever met! It was a success – she said YES! <3
A Christmas Giveaway! – Santa’s Magical Kingdom, Melbourne, Burnley Oval.
Melbourne get ready to see a truly magical experience. Burnley Oval will be transformed into Santa’s Magical Kingdom this November and December. The magic of Christmas will come alive at Santa’s Magical Kingdom with an interactive walk-through adventure land including everything that you love about Christmas, plus a spectacular Christmas themed circus show that will amaze everyone. Enjoy an enchanting walk-through wonderland that includes regular snow falls, rides, amusements and a variety of Christmas activities including ginger bread decorating and Christmas sand art. And of course the day would not be complete without the jolly man himself; even Mrs Claus and Rudolph pay a visit!
Tickets include entry, gingerbread decorating, sand art, unlimited rides and access to the Magical Kingdom! Great family value! Tickets are $39.50 plus Ticketek charges. Kids under 3 years of age do not require tickets. To purchase tickets click here. Santa’s Magical Kingdom sold-out in 2012! Dont miss out and get your tickets now.
Santa’s Magical Kingdom Giveaway Details!
WIN a family pass to Santa’s Magical Kingdom for Sunday November 17th, 11am 2013
1) Share on Facebook, tweet on Twitter or repost on Instagram (use tags #smkgiveaway and #jacqfruit)
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “SMK Giveaway” in the subject line and the following information:
– your name
– the age/s of your children/s
– where you have shared or reposted (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
Competition closes and winners will be drawn at random on Monday November 11th. The winner will be notified by email and must reply within 3 days otherwise another winner will be drawn. The family pass is not transferrable and is available for use on Sunday November 17th 2013 for the 11am session.