Rustique Co. – 75a Mt Derrimut Road, Deer Park 03 9017 6655
These days even though we would love to have a meal in the city on a weeknight, it sometimes feels like a great feat having a walking, talking one year old toddler with us. While other patrons sometimes look a little irked at our little one as he messily enjoys his food, I try to quickly eat my meal in case Baby D decides he wants to walk around and explore. Therefore when my little sister’s 21st came up, she thoughtfully booked us all into a family-friendly restaurant for dinner to accommodate for our one year old and the newest addition to our family, my beautiful 7 week old niece.
Rustique has only been open for around 8 weeks and we were welcomed with a spacious layout and a fun playground situated right near our table. What a great find! Generous meal sizes and a good variety on the menu and reasonably priced, I enjoyed the entrees the best! Baby D loved the playground and the capsicums on the antipasto platter and the mash that came with my veal scallopine.
What we ordered:
– Antipasto platter with cured meats, cheese, salmon, olives, fruit and bread
– Salt and pepper calamari with crispy shallots, chilli, lime and sesame
– Scallops baked with breadcrumbs, parmesan and aioli
– Eye fillet steak with mushroom and pepper sauces
– Veal scaloppine with mash, bacon, mushrooms, asparagus and cream
– Open lamb souvlaki with pita and sauces
– a fish dish – can’t remember the details but it was really tasty!
What I want to try next time:
– the scallops with parmesan again!
– the pasta tossed with mussels, prawns, scallops, calamari, salmon, garlic and olive oil
– and the cakes in the window display looked delish!
Rustique serves hearty meals in a kid-friendly environment with sleek decor and enough room for high chairs and prams. Comfortable for both families and those wanting a more intimate dinner, we sat in the “family” area right next to the playground. Rustique also take bookings for functions and on the weekends it can get busy so it’s always a good idea to call ahead. Looks like we’ll be coming back here and trying more of the menu soon 🙂 Happy birthday again baby sis! xx