Planet Kids Play Centre
10-12 Cecil Street, Southbank
The challenge – two mamas from opposite sides of Melbourne to catch up in a central location, comfortable for both kids and mamas to play and relax. The solution – Planet Kids!
It was my first venture out alone with my two little ones – a newborn and a 2 year old. It was a hot summer’s day and it was my first attempt at catching up with my sister in law who also had a newborn and a one year old in tow.
Planet Kids was air conditioned, spacious but not with a warehouse feel and had what us mamas needed – coffee! After what felt like half an hour of getting a parking spot and finding a ticket machine, making it inside this parents’ haven was a huge relief.
There were different areas for the kids to play in depending on their age. We loved the soft toddler play area for kids ages three and under and Daniel also loved the cars and the tall play gym structure with a huge slide. All the different areas felt clean and well looked after.
– Soft toddler play area
– play rooms with different toys in each
– party rooms where you can host a party for your little one
– open space in the middle of the play centre for kids to drive around the ride-on cars
– an interactive space also in the middle of the play centre for games and some dancing fun
– a cafe selling reasonably priced snacks and food (We had two ham and cheese toasted croissants and a cappucino. They use Five Senses Coffee.)
Planet Kids is adjacent to Cafe Ciel, and this is where you also enter the play centre if you’re entering via the ramp. It has a sophisticated, industrial feel to it and if you feel like more “grown up” snacks and food, you can purchase some here instead of the cafe inside Planet Kids. It can also be hired as a function space – we attended the launch of the Wonderful Mama online magazine at Cafe Ciel last year and the drinks and canapes were gorgeous.
Daniel had a great time!
Where are some of your favourite play spaces to take catch up with friends and kids?