The January 2013 Lust Have It! beauty box contents
When hubby was figuring out what to get me for my birthday I was so pleasantly surprised that he bought me a subscription to a beauty box. These beauty boxes/glam bags etc have been all the rage over the past year or so with the Australian market joining in on the beauty and skin care fun! So here I present to you my first Lust Have It! box for 2013 – the January edition!
All new packaging – the box! I love receiving mail – especially when it is not a bill or a fine! The first Lust Have It! package for 2013 came in their fresh new boxed packaging which I really like as they look so pretty with their pastel pink flocked print and their handy little size. The box also has a magnetic strip along one side so that it closes flush and secure. I also like the feel of the box – it is matte and smooth. This new packaging is a change from their make up bags last year and I can’t wait to post DIY on what I am going to use it for after I’ve finished using up all the samples in it! Now let’s get onto what is inside:
Lush Cosmetics lip colour in Strong Always
1) Lush Cosmetics – Lip Colour When I first saw this bright orange product I thought it was nail polish and even when I opened it I was a little confused as to what to use it for. After visiting Lush’s website, it is actually lip colour! Yay!! (not sure if I missed the label on the packaging?) To me it feels like a mix between a lipstick and a lip balm – it glides on quite smoothly and is very pigmented so the colour is nice and bright! I tried it out straight away and wore this orange lippy (which I wouldn’t normally wear) to dance rehearsal and it lasted all night and the colour is actually very wearable! Such a nice surprise! I also love that it is vegan friendly as I’ve been reading The Kind Diet this month and well, that’s another blog post in itself!!
This is why I like these subscriptions so much – you get to discover new products and colours that you normally wouldn’t purchase! By the end of the night there was still colour on my lips – like a lip tint! This is such a great product that I definitely want to try out all the other colours on the Lush website. You can check out how it looks on me on my YouTube channel.
Nude By Nature
2) Nude By Nature – BB cream For those of you who have not come across the BB (blemish balm/beauty balm) cream craze, it is basically an all in one make up and skin care product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunscreen! I actually bought this 5-in-1 mineral miracle cream about 2 weeks ago in the “dark” shade and I should have bought “medium”…and can you guess what shade I received? – “medium”! It may look a little light but it the medium blends in well and also allows me to finish with a bronzer! Compared to some other bb creams I have tried recently, I find that Nude’s BB cream suits my combination skin really well. It goes on smoothly and does not make my face feel dry. It provides a light coverage and if I wanted to I could just use extra concealer to cover up any blemishes. I have used this and the Lush lip colour which you can check out on my LHI video! Overall I have continued to use this BB cream everyday since I received it and even bought some more NBN prodcuts from Priceline which I’ll upload a post on soon! So thank you LHI! for including this BB cream in your January beauty box!
3) Lust Have It! – Kabuki brush Another full sized item and the synthetic brush feels soft to touch so I can’t wait to use this!
4) Klorane – Shampoo & Conditioner To be honest I get a lot more excited when receiving make up products in these boxes so I wasn’t to phased by these sachet samples. However, I am yet to use them so if they turn out well I’ll have LHI to thank for discovering a fresh new shampoo and conditioner! 🙂
5) Avene – Cleanance Skin Range I am also yet to use these 3 sample sized skin care products (a gel cleanser, cream exfoliant and anti-shine moisturiser). I rubbed a little of the moisturiser on my hand and it smells so pretty!
What did you think of your January 2013 Lust Have It! box?
I’d love to hear about any thoughts, recommendations or comments you might have so leave a comment and subscribe. Did you get the same products in your delivery? Which products did you like/dislike?
Have a beautiful Friday! 🙂
Click to follow me on Twitter, YouTube and now that I have a new phone I’m also finally on Instagram! ;P