Happy Days OOTD
Sunshine and the great outdoors. For the past few Sundays we’ve been enjoying time outside and the little one has been loving watching the birds, planes and helicopters fly past us up in the sky. He’s been loving playing with rocks and shouts out “DUCK” when he sees birds in the garden. Baby D also said his first three syllable word yesterday! – crocodile 🙂
Oh how fast they grow and I’m enjoying every minute of it. This week was a good week. Lots of naps, cuddles and play time. And a productive week work-wise, volunteer-wise and housework-wise 😉 One thing I do need to work on though is this blog. So many things coming up so hopefully I can get organised for you! In the meantime how was your week post-Easter? If you have a little one, what did he/she get up to this week?
Daniel’s Sunday OOTD:
– checkered shirt by Jeanswest Jnr
– shorts by Indie Kids – Industrie
– basic white onesie by Bonds
– hat and shoes by Pumpkin Patch
Saturday Styling – Baby D in action
I can’t believe it’s been 15 months – Baby D is not a baby anymore, he’s growing up so fast. He’s learning so much and taking in everything that we bring to his attention and, loving every minute of it! A few weeks ago he was finally able to rock the J’s that he was given by one of his godmothers so hope you enjoy his little get up!
– Beau Hudson Checkmate Bando
– Fresh Baked “DJ in Action tshirt” (in homage to his dad!)
– quilted pants with leather lined pockets (from Hong Kong)
– a pair of Jordans to top off his outfit 🙂
Styling Daniel – Relaxed summer baby
Before the scorching heatwave that hit Melbourne last week, Baby D enjoyed a nice, relaxing summer day visiting the ducks at the various parks walking distance from our house. Dressed in this comfy combo we enjoyed running after his furry friends, flying in the air on the swings in the playground and spending quality family time in the great outdoors.
– tshirt by Zara Baby
– red shorts and casual shoes by Pumpkin Patch
Baby D has grown up so much over the past few months and it’s been such an amazing journey so far watching how much he is wanting to talk and communicate with us! He is starting to copy things we say and is developing his independence already. I can’t believe that just 12 months ago he was just a little baby needing to be carried everywhere and only eating breastmilk – now Baby D is eating anything and everything he can get his hands on from olives to anchovies and kare-kare goodness! He is totally loving this summer weather because he just gets so excited being outside. Ahhh the simple things 🙂 <3
Totally different to last week’s Saturday Styling post, this week Baby D dressed it up a little for a special occasion. With our little baby turning one recently, he was so blessed to be surrounded by such loving and amazing family and friends who have showered him with an abundance of cuddles, kisses and love over the past 12 months. Baby D also received such cute clothes from his birthday party and today he wore this combo to his aunty and uncle’s baby shower! I absolutely love the pattern of Baby D’s shirt! – so retro and such a good fit!
– shirt, bow tie, and shorts by Katrina Pia
– cream shoes by Soda
Daddy’s outfit details and latest shopping haul coming up this week!
Melbourne Mammas Market – Williamstown Town Hall
We headed down to the Melbourne Mammas Market to get our shopping fix last weekend and grabbed some great bargains on some of our favourite kidswear labels. With so many shopaholics around it was a relief to get in early as it got quite busy inside with prams taking over the aisles – everyone was excited to shop! 🙂 There were around 35 friendly stalllholders ranging from kidswear to toys and storage goods. I left my little one with the better half so I could try and be swift with my shopping so below are the goodies I came home with.
My shopping haul – Styling Daniel!
From left to right in the pictures below:
- I started off at the Oranges and Lemons stall and bought a black and grey Alphabet Soup long sleeved top and a Mista TJ flat cap ($44.95 & $19.95 down to $15 each!),
- the Funky Little Fella stall was a must-visit and I purchased a cool pair of Sage Oishi-M shorts for my little man ($49.95 down to $20). I was so excited when I found these as I bought great pair of Oishi-M skinny jeans at the last market in March and they’re such good quality not to mention and uber cool! It was also nice to finally meet the lovely ladies behind Funky Little Fella, Caroline and Jo, having bought some cool thread from their online store on previous occasions.
- I bought this beautifully soft and organic brown fox top from the Master & Miss stall ($30 down to $15),
- Right at the end of the second room of stalls I visited the Mr Wolf ladies and bought a pair of comfy, grey Mini Rodini flamingo leggings, ($39.95 down to $18) similar here. I wish there were more sizes for my little one – I would have bought everything displayed! 😉
- I scored a lovely wooden toy set including a maraca and shaker bells from Just Toyn Around ($14.95 down to $10). Baby D absolutely loves these and has not put them down since I gave them to him!,
- And lastly I purchased a gorgeous blue coat from A Little Pocket which I had been eyeing from the last Markit at Fed Square back in May ($65 down to $15!).
I also bought some presents for friends but thought I’d better not post them up here in case they’re reading this!
What were some of your market purchases over the weekend? I’d love to see the bargains you snapped up 🙂 xx
You wouldn’t have picked it from today’s rainy antics but along with the glistening rain, we’ve also already been able to enjoy quite a few days of glorious sunshine here in Melbourne as spring returns. As usual we did a lot of eating, playing and exploring and I also got to meet and catch up with some fellow Melbourne bloggers. Lately I’ve also gotten the hang of making sure I purposefully close off some days on my calendar so I can just breathe and just…be! Instead of saying yes to every single thing, I have been able to say no leaving me more time to spend doing things I really like. My little Baby D has also recently been sick with his first real cold and this, plus his teething had me suffering from sleep deprivation and exhaustion. Thankfully Baby D has gotten back into the swing of things and is now sleeping quite well again.
Here are some things we got up to in the recent weeks!:
– 1st birthdays galore (post coming up soon on our friend’s dress up party!),
– bloggers events see here, here and here,
– Culture Mamas Go Go dancing event (so much fun and I was sweating by the end of it!),
– eating out (Flower Drum, Trailer Park food trucks, Lil Nomnoms food truck, the Winter night market at Vic Market, truffles in Footscray at Guerilla Espresso), Burger Culture)
– also tried cooking pho at home for the first time but I think next time I’ll use stock to lift the flavour a little more!
– attended the open day at Passion Dance Studio and did a KPop dance class!
– celebrated our wedding anniversary and finally got to try Mamasita (we were baby-free for the night, hence the opportunity to wait in line for places that don’t take bookings)
– attended the launch night of council Leadership Alumni and had a lovely night networking with people passionate about making a difference in the community
– attended a Motivating Mum and SheSays event (I love meeting and learning from an array of motivated individuals),
– lots of family time and celebrating Wes’ first fathers day!
– took the dogs to Lort Smith Animal Hospital for a check up (two dogs and a baby in one car equals headache!!)
– did a “little” bit of shopping! (see post here, here and here)
– watched Baby D grow more confident in standing on his own, clapping his hands , pointing to objects we ask about and listened to him turn into a lovely little chatterbox! 🙂
So thankful for life’s everyday blessings -xx-
What everyday blessings are you thankful for?