Saturday Style – Matchy-matchy with my little man
It was a last minute decision to go along with the family to Buxton Trout Farm and with a long drive and day ahead of us, Mr D and I got dressed into our comfy new stripey tees! Armed with suncreen, caps and sunnies we had a great day out and loved running around playing with our cousins.
– Custom made Rewind cap
– Vertical striped boyfriend tee from Miss Shop
– Leggings from Bonds
– Denim shirt (around waist) from Forever 21
– Nike trainers
– Cap from Target
– Vertical striped long sleeved top from Pumpkin Patch
– Red bottoms also from Pumpkin Patch
– Converse kids
316 Maroondah Highway, Healesville
On the way home from the trout farm we stopped by Beechworth Bakery in Healesville for a light dinner – we were so full from all the fresh fish we ate!
They were closing up and we were lucky to get there just in time to order some pies, coffee and cakes. I ordered a beesting, a Beechworth pie and some peppermint tea. The pie was ok but the beesting was delish! I took one home for the sick hubby as a treat 🙂
The cafe was spacious and even had an outdoor area around the back with some picnic tables and benches. There were couches inside next to a couple of fireplaces and high chairs available for those needing them. I’d like to visit the original one in Beechworth that was established in 1984.
As you know if you’ve been following my Bump Diary updates (see here and here if you missed the recent ones!), I’ve been looking for tips on how to style my bump! Whether it be where to shop for stylish maternity clothes or ideas on how to style my existing pieces, I have a special treat for you with 3 lovely ladies sharing their tips on how to feel stylish but comfy with your bump with! Plus some bonus fitness tips at the end! 🙂
Chelsea from I Heart Bargains
1) What is a must-have clothing item for pregnant mamas? For me, it was all about a good pair of maternity jeans that I could wear again and again. Click here for the whole range. I also was known to wear mine after the birth because they still allowed comfort during breastfeeding days. If we’re looking purely at corporate then these are brilliant and wear with a blazer (Zara have some great ones).
2) What are some of your favourite online stores for stylish bump wear? Asos is brilliant and has lots of options for growing tummies. I would also check out Cotton On / Supre for stretched tights/leggings/singlets and kimonos. Also see Rock Your Bump for really cute pieces (great skirts & stretch pieces). Check out Country Road / Witchery / French Connection for elasticated waisted patterned pants you can wear to work with a plain white maternity shirt.
Julie from Toddlers Plus Teens
Thank you to Jacqui From The urban Ma blog for inviting me to share my style tips for pregnant mamas .Thank goodness maternity wear has progressed over time and there are some beautiful choices out there.Some Important information to remember is , Your body temperature will fluctuate throughout your pregnancy , comfort is important and special occasion maternity wear such as evening wear and wedding outfits are often best to be borrowed unless you will be wearing them more than twice.
1) What is a must-have item of clothing for pregnant mamas?
One great must have piece to add to your wardrobe is a tshirt dress , which can be layered for both casual and work. Add a pair of maternity leggings and a cardigan, jacket or shirt with some accessories and you will have a variety of different outfits that will suit all weather. I wore the dress pictured above throughout my last pregnancy . Available from Target Australia for $30
2) What are some of your favourite stores for stylish bump wear?
1) What is a must-have clothing item for pregnant mamas?
A great pair of maternity jeans that are modern and flatter your body. Choose a style that you typically wear that will work with the existing pieces in your wardrobe. My picks for maternity jeans are Mavi, Just Jeans
and Jeans West
2) What are some of your favourite online stores for stylish bump wear?
– You don’t want to spend a heap of money on maternity clothes, but you still want to maintain your sense of style. For jeans the above sites all offer online. Also Birdsnest
have a great range and also offer styling ideas for your maternity wardrobe. Ripe Maternity
has an excellent range and is my go-to ‘one stop shop’ when shopping with clients. Asos
also have a great range of modern, contemporary maternity wear.
1) What’s one tip you have for mamas on how to stay fit during pregnancy?
Stay Active! It doesn’t mean you have to go to the gym everyday and take a Body Pump class, just get out and do something active at least 3 times a week, a nice walk around the local parks or purchase a pregnancy fitness DVD and enjoy some time learning something that maybe new, who knows all those back pains may ease up through exercise.
2) Who are some of your favorite fitness bloggers?
My favourite fitness bloggers.. There are so many. I love Alix from @fabufitmum, Sophie Guidolin from @sophie_guidolin, Natalie from @simplynatalielaura and Tahana Lee from @talkhealthytome. I follow so many passionate fitness influences on social media that I would love to name but although they don’t have blogs like the above which you will see me reading on a regular basis.
You can find Nikita on her website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
I hope these tips help you as much as they’ve helped me! I’ll make sure to share with you some of my pregnancy ootd’s in future posts and in the meantime for daily style, food and quote inspo you can find me on Instagram