If you follow me on Instagram you’d know that I’ve been in search of those deliciously tempting Kwak cinnamon scrolls and I finally got my fixing finding them at Boccone Gourmet Foodstore, Deli and Cafe in Essendon.
– Pulled pork brioche with jalapeno mayo, pickled red cabbage and Swiss cheese – We all had a taste of this and loved it! The pork wasn’t dry and everything encased between those two brioche buns had such great flavor together. Will definitely be ordering this next time we visit!
– Boccone beef burger. Aged ground beef, confit onion, cheddar, aioli, pickled gherkin on a seeded brioche bun with fat chips. The hubby enjoyed the burger and the fat chips were nice, well cooked parcels of potato that D enjoyed with some chicken schnitzel pieces from my panini
– Chicken schnitzel panini with olives, rocket and sundried tomato from the window display
– two Kwak scrolls – cinnamon and salt caramel flavour. We loved the salted caramel scroll and now I’m on a mission to taste all the other flavours!
– a vanilla slice to take away – the pastry was crispy and the middle was oh so smooth and creamy. We finished it off in no time when we got home.
A lovely gourmet food store, there were tables lined up all the way down one side of the cafe while the other side had gorgeous gourmet products on display such as pasta and cheeses. Clean, sophisticated interior.
We were seated as soon as we got in and the service was on point.
From the cake display to the cheese board menu, Boccone Essendon is a lovely place to have Sunday lunch. There’s even a separate dining area at the back of the cafe where I’m guessing you can book if you’re thinking of having a big family lunch or celebrating a special occasion. Not sure if it was just because we had an active 2 year old with us but our table seemed a little smaller than normal – maybe it was because D had brought along his toys to play with!
The cheese bar – We’ll definitely be visiting and order something from here as soon as bubba #2 arrives…bring on the soft cheeses!
So tempting – everything in this cake display was screaming out to me “Buy me, eat me, you know you want me!”