Melbourne Mammas Market – Williamstown Town Hall
We headed down to the Melbourne Mammas Market to get our shopping fix last weekend and grabbed some great bargains on some of our favourite kidswear labels. With so many shopaholics around it was a relief to get in early as it got quite busy inside with prams taking over the aisles – everyone was excited to shop! 🙂 There were around 35 friendly stalllholders ranging from kidswear to toys and storage goods. I left my little one with the better half so I could try and be swift with my shopping so below are the goodies I came home with.
My shopping haul – Styling Daniel!
From left to right in the pictures below:
- I started off at the Oranges and Lemons stall and bought a black and grey Alphabet Soup long sleeved top and a Mista TJ flat cap ($44.95 & $19.95 down to $15 each!),
- the Funky Little Fella stall was a must-visit and I purchased a cool pair of Sage Oishi-M shorts for my little man ($49.95 down to $20). I was so excited when I found these as I bought great pair of Oishi-M skinny jeans at the last market in March and they’re such good quality not to mention and uber cool! It was also nice to finally meet the lovely ladies behind Funky Little Fella, Caroline and Jo, having bought some cool thread from their online store on previous occasions.
- I bought this beautifully soft and organic brown fox top from the Master & Miss stall ($30 down to $15),
- Right at the end of the second room of stalls I visited the Mr Wolf ladies and bought a pair of comfy, grey Mini Rodini flamingo leggings, ($39.95 down to $18) similar here. I wish there were more sizes for my little one – I would have bought everything displayed! 😉
- I scored a lovely wooden toy set including a maraca and shaker bells from Just Toyn Around ($14.95 down to $10). Baby D absolutely loves these and has not put them down since I gave them to him!,
- And lastly I purchased a gorgeous blue coat from A Little Pocket which I had been eyeing from the last Markit at Fed Square back in May ($65 down to $15!).
I also bought some presents for friends but thought I’d better not post them up here in case they’re reading this!
What were some of your market purchases over the weekend? I’d love to see the bargains you snapped up 🙂 xx
You wouldn’t have picked it from today’s rainy antics but along with the glistening rain, we’ve also already been able to enjoy quite a few days of glorious sunshine here in Melbourne as spring returns. As usual we did a lot of eating, playing and exploring and I also got to meet and catch up with some fellow Melbourne bloggers. Lately I’ve also gotten the hang of making sure I purposefully close off some days on my calendar so I can just breathe and just…be! Instead of saying yes to every single thing, I have been able to say no leaving me more time to spend doing things I really like. My little Baby D has also recently been sick with his first real cold and this, plus his teething had me suffering from sleep deprivation and exhaustion. Thankfully Baby D has gotten back into the swing of things and is now sleeping quite well again.
Here are some things we got up to in the recent weeks!:
– 1st birthdays galore (post coming up soon on our friend’s dress up party!),
– bloggers events see here, here and here,
– Culture Mamas Go Go dancing event (so much fun and I was sweating by the end of it!),
– eating out (Flower Drum, Trailer Park food trucks, Lil Nomnoms food truck, the Winter night market at Vic Market, truffles in Footscray at Guerilla Espresso), Burger Culture)
– also tried cooking pho at home for the first time but I think next time I’ll use stock to lift the flavour a little more!
– attended the open day at Passion Dance Studio and did a KPop dance class!
– celebrated our wedding anniversary and finally got to try Mamasita (we were baby-free for the night, hence the opportunity to wait in line for places that don’t take bookings)
– attended the launch night of council Leadership Alumni and had a lovely night networking with people passionate about making a difference in the community
– attended a Motivating Mum and SheSays event (I love meeting and learning from an array of motivated individuals),
– lots of family time and celebrating Wes’ first fathers day!
– took the dogs to Lort Smith Animal Hospital for a check up (two dogs and a baby in one car equals headache!!)
– did a “little” bit of shopping! (see post here, here and here)
– watched Baby D grow more confident in standing on his own, clapping his hands , pointing to objects we ask about and listened to him turn into a lovely little chatterbox! 🙂
So thankful for life’s everyday blessings -xx-
What everyday blessings are you thankful for?
The Substation Artists’ Market, 1 Market Street, Newport, VIC
10am-3pm First Sunday of Every Month
Last Sunday we decided to visit the artists’ market at the Substation for the first time. I hadn’t really taken much notice of this red brick, neo-Classical building except for when we drive past it on the way to Williamstown beach. It has been beautifully restored into a contemporary, community based arts centre and boasts many cultural events and exhibitions. Such a great venue with performance space and galleries for hire.
It wasn’t too busy when we visited last week so it was great to get to talk to the artists about their work. There were some cute little baby blankets and jewelry and I loved the framed photographic pieces by Nick Psomiadis. There was also soft music provided by an acoustic singer and coffee and mulled red wine greeted us at the door. A great kid-friendly way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
To keep up to date with what’s happening in June at the Substation or apply for a stall at their Sunday market, visit their Facebook page here!