Saturdays in Spring
Saturday morning music lessons in Williamstown followed by a coffee from Crowded House and a stroll down to the tennis courts. This has been our Saturday morning ritual the past several weeks and with the sun shining so brilliantly yesterday we took D around to the other side of the bay. Airplanes, skaters, bicycles, sand, people. waves, motorbikes and cars were just some of the words our little man proclaimed loud and proud as a myriad of activities unfolded in front of him. It’s so beautiful seeing how much D appreciates and is amazed by the simple things. It was also helpful parking far from the main area as it helped me reach my daily goal of 10,000 steps for my Steptember challenge before it even hit 1pm 🙂 Walking and taking in the sights of the St Kilda area was a perfect way to spend and make the most of a sunny Melbourne spring day.
At first he was unsure. It didn’t take too long til he was enjoying the sand in between his toes and running around trying to use the shovels, buckets and trucks that some other kids were playing with. Note to self – keep some beach toys in the car from now on!
Note to self for sunny Saturdays in spring:
1) Bring a spare pair of shorts and thongs for playing in the beach
2) Bring some beach toys for D to play with in the sand
3) Always bring a water bottle and some snacks
4) Always carry a scarf and warm cardigan (Melbourne’s sun can be deceiving – it got a bit chilly under the shade while we were having lunch, no wonder all the tables in the sun were full!)
5) Enjoy the simple things – the crisp, fresh air, the sights, a leisurely stroll