Christmas is such a magical time of year when everyone seems so cheerful, decorations brighten up the place and a sense of hope and togetherness touches us all. The year draws to close paving the way for a new year of discovery and learning. Whether it’s staying up until midnight on Christmas Eve, cooking and eating your favourite dishes of the festive season or, spending some thoughtful, quiet time in reflection, we all have our different Christmas traditions that we love to share. Here are some of ours!:
1. Seeing the Christmas projections on Melbourne Town Hall and various Christmas decorations around Melbourne city
2. Driving around to see the local Christmas lights
3. Attending Simbang Gabi – the traditional Filipino dawn masses leading up to Christmas
4. Donating to canned goods or clothing to St Vinnie’s
5. Baking gingerbread biscuits with Mr D
6. Decorating our Christmas tree whilst listening to our favourite carols
7. Sharing a meal with all the relatives on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
The great thing about family traditions is that you can always create new ones together and there are so many amazing ways to share the joy of the silly season! In the past couple of years the kids (and us big kids alike!) have absolutely loved visiting the wonderland that is Santa’s Magical Kingdom. It has been a must-see for us leading up to Christmas with sessions being sold out annually.
Where else can you experience dreamy snowfalls, creative activities for the kids, jaw-dropping performances by the awesome International Spectacular Christmas Show crew and keep the kids happy and enthralled for three hours where everything is organised for you (Mums join in with me as I heave a sigh of relief!)?
Santa’s Magical Kingdom this year will include:
• A magical Christmas walk-through wonderland
• Snowland the Snow Queen
• A free gift, when you meet Santa
• A brand new International Christmas Show Spectacular
• Roving Christmas characters
• Christmas Craft Village where you can make your own Christmas tree decoration
• Gingerbread Land, where you can decorate your own gingerbread man (this is always a favourite of ours and we end up eating our gingerbread on the car ride home!)
• Interactive Letter Writing area and Storytelling area with Mrs Claus (Mrs Claus is a darling!)
• Amusement Rides & Games, including Santa’s Sleigh Ride, the Giant Ferris Wheel, one of the Largest Super Slide’s in the country, The Elves Magical Train Ride and more (love the giant Super Slide!)
There’s so much fun for the whole family
Help Celebrate Rudolph’s Birthday!
In addition this year, Rudolph will be celebrating his birthday at Santa’s Magical Kingdom. Rudolph loves parties, so we need to impress him and celebrate in style! Rudolph will be joined by Mrs Claus, the Snow Queen, as well as Trolls: Poppy and Branch to celebrate his birthday. You will be able to meet and greet Movie Stars – Poppy and Branch. Every child will receive a special gift. All activities are inclusive with your Santa’s Magical Kingdom Admission Ticket. Rudolph’s Birthday will be celebrated on specific dates during the season.
Mon 12 Dec: Session 1: 10am – 1pm
Tue 13 Dec: Session 1: 10am – 1pm
Wed 14 Dec: Session 1: 10am – 1pm
Thu 15 Dec: Session 1: 10am – 1pm Session 2: 2pm – 5pm
Fri 16 Dec: Session 1: 10am – 1pm Session 2: 2pm – 5pm
The above times are the sessions where Rudolph will be celebrating his birthday and there are also more session times available for you to choose from! Tickets are now on sale so get in early to avoid missing out.
Santa’s Magical Kingdom will be open from November 18th to December 23rd, 2016 with the big top at Caulfield Racecourse being transformed into an unforgettable event to suit all ages. I think it would even make for an awesome early Christmas present for those of you who have started planning early and are thinking of what to get for those on your Christmas list!
Santa’s Magical Kingdom Giveaway (This giveaway is now closed!)
++++++++++AND THE WINNER IS….NICOLE! (Updated 20/11/16)+++++++++++
Please email email@example.com with your postal address and the ages of your kids by 5pm 22/11/16 in order to claim your prize otherwise another name will be drawn. Congratulations and thank you so much to all who entered. We look forward to sharing more events and products with you in the future.
Thanks to Santa’s Magical Kingdom, we have a Family Pass (2 x adults and 2 x kids) worth $140 for Friday 25th of November 6pm session to giveaway.
To enter, simple leave a comment below on this blog post and let us know one of your favourite Christmas traditions. Competition closes November 14th, 2016. The winner will be randomly selected and will be given 48 hours to respond via email with their name and address. Good luck and have a great week everyone.
P.S Thank you so much for your support throughout the year. It is because of you that am given the opportunity to give away such fun, awesome experiences like this. So if you like discovering new places and experiences, check out the latest on my Instagram and Facebook pages and follow along with our adventures! Much love, Jacqui.